Nora - 9/6/2018
Nora ate most of waffle and ate fruit salad for breakfast. For lunch she didn't eat any shepherd's pie with hamburger, green beans, carrots, and potatoes. She also didn't eat whole grain tortilla, but ate her cherries.
Frequently when Nora gets mad she flops on the floor face-first to whimper and pout. Linnea was messing with the big blocks Nora was building with and it frustrated her. So I told her that Linnea was just a baby and to ask for help. That didn't satisfy her so she did her flop; except this time Linnea flopped with her - stretched out beside her. It looked pretty funny, but didn't help Nora's frustration!! She was screeching at Linnea to "move away, move away!!" :)
Nora was cooperating nicely with Lauralea so she got to do a couple of the preschool trays before Lauralea went to work! Nice job Nora. In the first picture Nora started intentionally putting the fuzzy colored balls in the wrong spot - like blue in red and then saying, "oh oh, oh oh!" And then grinning and giggling. She was having a good time with it. Later in the second picture we'd "introduced" them to the art cabinet and set up the rules with what we expect there. The goal is for them to eventually do the preschool stuff by themselves without constant supervision such as when I'm caring for a baby or toddler. Nora did well with the stickers and this basket of stickers is very sticky!! She had it upside-down and said to herself; "turn around." :) I like that! Coaching herself.
We also had some outside time this morning too and I took this picture when the kids were playing under the big climber. (Atley had just left, but at least I still got three of them.) Linnea was actually the first one under there and then the others joined her.
Frequently when Nora gets mad she flops on the floor face-first to whimper and pout. Linnea was messing with the big blocks Nora was building with and it frustrated her. So I told her that Linnea was just a baby and to ask for help. That didn't satisfy her so she did her flop; except this time Linnea flopped with her - stretched out beside her. It looked pretty funny, but didn't help Nora's frustration!! She was screeching at Linnea to "move away, move away!!" :)
Nora was cooperating nicely with Lauralea so she got to do a couple of the preschool trays before Lauralea went to work! Nice job Nora. In the first picture Nora started intentionally putting the fuzzy colored balls in the wrong spot - like blue in red and then saying, "oh oh, oh oh!" And then grinning and giggling. She was having a good time with it. Later in the second picture we'd "introduced" them to the art cabinet and set up the rules with what we expect there. The goal is for them to eventually do the preschool stuff by themselves without constant supervision such as when I'm caring for a baby or toddler. Nora did well with the stickers and this basket of stickers is very sticky!! She had it upside-down and said to herself; "turn around." :) I like that! Coaching herself.
We also had some outside time this morning too and I took this picture when the kids were playing under the big climber. (Atley had just left, but at least I still got three of them.) Linnea was actually the first one under there and then the others joined her.



Comments
Post a Comment