Nora - 1/9/2019

Nora ate two servings of whole wheat toast and two servings of mangoes for breakfast.  For lunch she ate ground beef with pasta sauce on whole wheat spaghetti noodles, ate bites of cauliflower, and ate fruit salad.  This first picture is from breakfast time and it's a good example of how much these kids are starting to help each other.  And it's happening more and more all the time.  I was feeding Svea and Nora said, "Help me Gary."  She wanted help spooning the last of her mangoes.  Avi jumped up and said, "I'll help her."  So I had to stop long enough to get a picture!"  Thank you Avi.

A follow-up on yesterday's story about Nora wanting Atley to recognize her ponytail after I fix her hair.  Sure enough, I fix Nora's hair, she gets down and first thing; "Look at my pony Atley."  Atley said, "oh."  Haha!  However, that was totally enough for Nora and that's all she wants; just for Atley to respond.  So cute.

Next picture: This is actually a picture of Avilene, but they ALL (Nora has been doing it a lot this week) do this - she's got a set of keys (there are several sets of keys in this toy exchange) and she's poking a key in a hole and of course that makes the hole bigger.  Yes, I need to do some repairs on this wall, but then they wouldn't have this hole to play with!!  :)  This wall really is kind of shabby so I need to get after it soon!!  I try not to show it in any pictures!  :)

Next picture: Avi has a stuffed raccoon and they were chasing and "tickling" each other.  And they were taking turns with the raccoon!  So fun to hear them laugh and giggle.  Last picture:  It's been quite awhile since they've played with the big blocks, but all of a sudden this morning the three older ones had built this tall tower and they called it their "castle."  Linnea was hanging out moving around them and when I looked at this picture I realized it really looks like the whole thing is about to topple over on Linnea.  But I can honestly say that never happened!  :)  Thank goodness!!

Comments